Joe Hart concedes two on debut as Torino lose to Atalanta
Hart, deemed surplus to requirements by Man City boss Pep Guardiola, came out for a corner but failed to collect, leaving Atalanta to score in an empty net
England goalkeeper Joe Hart conceded twice on his Torino debut as Atalanta secured a 2-1 win in Bergamo amid a dramatic afternoon of Serie A action on Sunday.
Hart, deemed surplus to requirements by Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola, completed his move to unfashionable Torino on a season-long loan deal two weeks ago.
Yet hopes of a first Serie A win for the England shot-stopper were dealt a significant blow when 'Granata' striker Andrea Belotti, who hit a hat-trick a fortnight ago, was sidelined for three weeks after suffering a thigh injury with Italy on what was his maiden call-up.
Despite also missing Venezuelan striker Josef Martinez, Torino made light of the absences to take a 54th minute lead through Iago Falque.
But Atalanta were given a half-chance to pull level only two minutes later when Hart came off his line to palm a corner away with one hand, and Andrea Masiello punished the move by deftly volleying the loose ball into the net.
Second defeat in three games
Torino's hopes of taking a share of the spoils dipped when Alejandro Gomez was hauled down by Lorenzo Di Silvestri inside the penalty area with only eight minutes on the clock.
Ivorian striker Frank Kessie stepped up to coolly send Hart the wrong way to seal the winner as Torino suffered their second defeat in three games to sit below mid-table.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher