Zidane ready to call on classy Llorente if Casemiro needs cover
When Marcos Llorente said this summer to his uncle Julio (yes, the Julio Llorente who played in defence for Real Madrid’s fifth European Cup win) that he would accept Alavés’ loan offer, he was given two determining circumstances for the season ahead.
Real Madrid return possible
The first, that Pellegrino believed in his ability and would make him his star centre-midfielder at the Basque club (the 21-year old had already shown in Castilla that he was made for the position, although he could also play at centre-back). The second filled him with pride. Madrid included in his contract a clause that would allow him to return to the Spanish capital in January if he was needed back at the Bernabéu.
Backup for Casemiro
Zidane knows Llorente well from his time as Castilla coach and, owing to that fact, told the club that he wouldn’t need to sign a backup for Casemiro. A fitting replacement had already been made in the Real Madrid factory. Kroos can cover Casemiro of course, as we saw on Saturday against Osasuna, but he’s not the same. Zidane though is relaxed in the knowledge that Marcos Llorente has already passed the test to play for Madrid.
A rare Nou Camp victor
It’s not only the boy’s dream, but the dream of his great uncle Paco Gento, his father Paco Llorente, his granddad Ramón Moreno Grosso, and beyond. Marcos played at Camp Nou on the weekend and came away a winner, and not many people can boast that…
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021