Real Madrid daily round-up: Zidane, Cristiano, Pepe…
Zidane says that he plans to give Cristiano 90 minutes against Sporting Lisbon on Wednesday night while Pepe admits he’d like to retire at the club.
Cristiano to play 90 minutes against Sporting
Zinedine Zidane told the media in his pre-match press conference ahead of Wednesday’s Champions League clash with Sporting Lisbon that his plan is to give Cristiano a full 90 minute run-out against his former club. Cristiano was substituted after 66 minutes in Saturday’s LaLiga match against Osasuna after making his long-awaited return from injury.
Pepe wants to retire at Real Madrid
Pepe told national radio last night that he dreams of retiring at the Santiago Bernabéu. The centre-back has been a regular in the Real Madrid starting XI since joining from Porto in 2007 and is out of contract at the end of this season.
“If I can give my best, the club will see that and hopefully one day they’ll call me to sort this issue out,” he said.
Captains for the official club photo
The Real Madrid squad posed yesterday for their official team photo for the 2016-17 season with Sergio Ramos, Marcelo, Pepe and Cristiano as captains.
Real Madrid to face Betis on 15th October
It was announced yesterday that Real Madrid’s trip to the Benito Villamarín to face Betis has been scheduled for 20.45 CEST on the 15th October. The game will be the eighth game of the league season.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash