Former Liverpool winger Ryan Babel joins Deportivo La Coruña
The Dutchman has officially signed until 31 December but said following his medical: "I’m 100% certain I’ll be here for the whole season.”
Former Ajax and Liverpool winger Ryan Babel signed for Deportivo La Coruña on Thursday after completing a medical.
The Dutchman, who has been without a club since leaving UAE side Al Ain earlier this year, has signed only until 31 December 2016, however there is an option to extend the deal depending on performance.
“I am really excited,” said the 29-year old. “It’s a dream made reality to play in La Liga. It’s the best league in the world next to the Premier League. I’m thankful to Deportivo for giving me this opportunity.
"I’m 100% certain I’ll be here for the whole season”
“They contacted me a few days ago and I didn’t have to think much about it. I’m 100% certain I’ll be here for the whole season.”
Babel was touted as a future star when he made his debut for Ajax aged just 17 but disappointing spells at Liverpool and Hoffenheim forced him off the radar.
After playing two seasons in the Turkish Super Lig for Kasımpaşa, he joined Al Ain but was released after failing to make an impact.
Te recomendamos en English
- AFCON qualifiers Despite an early scare, Nigeria too strong for plucky Lesotho
- Barcelona Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
- MLS Mandzukic: Inter Miami and LA Galaxy want Juventus striker
- European Championships England end Euro 2020 qualifying campaign on a high
- Euro 2020 Van Dijk leaves Netherlands squad due to personal reasons
- CRISTIANO RONALDO Cristiano: "You all invented a story that all was not well at Juve"