Pro-Barcelona paper attacks Guardiola
Pro-Barcelona newspaper Mundo Deportivo has lashed out at former Barça and current Man City coach Josep Guardiola with a front page saying: "Not like that, Pep", in relation to the story that broke on Sunday that Guardiola tried to sign Neymar and Messi this summer for Manchester City, with the former Barcelona coach apparently launching a concerted campaign to persuade the two to swap the Camp Nou for the Etihad.
Man City met with Messi's inner circle three times
This story breaks with Guardiola about to return to the Camp Nou for the Champions League match against Barcelona, and temperatures in the Catalan capital are rising over what is seen as treachery by Guardiola.
Mundo Deportivo reported that it has confirmed that Manchester City CEO Ferrán Soriano met Messi's advisers on at least three occasions to tempt the Argentine to sign for the Premier League club. Messi rejected the advances.
Barcelona's feared MSN strike force
Along with Luis Suárez, Messi and Neymar currently make up the most feared strike force in world football. In their last two games the trident has scored 10 goals and set up 9.
Recommended in English
- NFL When and where is the 2021 Army vs Navy football game?
- NFL How can I get tickets to the 2021 Army-Navy game?
- NFL Who are Dallas Cowboys' most famous celebrity fans?
- SOCCER Mbappé: Real Madrid convinced PSG star's signing is in the bag
- PREMIER LEAGUE United's Rangnick points to defensive frailty in first press conference
- NBA Lakers' LeBron James returns to the lineup