Van Gaal close to Bundesliga return
It looks as if Louis Van Gaal is close to a return to management sooner than anyone expected. Fired by Manchester United – where he signed off by winning the FA Cup – during the summer to make way for Jose Mourinho, the Dutchman now looks set to sign with Bundesliga strugglers Werder Bremen.
Werder Bremen, the Bundesliga's bottom side
German daily Hamburger Abendblatt reports that Van Gaal is set to sign a contract with the club until the end of the season. Bremen find themselves bottom of the Bundesliga after losing their four opening games and fired Ukranian coach Viktor Skrypnyk on Sunday evening.
Van Gaal's second spell in Germany
Taking over at Bremen would see Van Gaal, now 65, start his second spell in Germany. He previously managed Bayern Munich between 2009 and 2011, where he won the German League, Cup and Super Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands