Sirigu lashes out at Aduriz and gets sent off
Sevilla goalkeeper Sirigu had a moment of madness after catching a high ball, when he elbowed Aduriz in the back. He was sent off.
Sevilla goalkeeper Sirigu won't want to remember this afternoon's trip to San Mamés to play Athletic in LaLiga Santander.
Sirigu lashes out
Right at the end of the game, with his side trailing 2-1, the keeper came out to claim a high ball, which he did so under the attentions of Aduriz, who was right by Sirigu hoping to pounce on any mistake, but didn't impede the Sevilla stopper.
Having caught the ball and landed, Sirigu bizarrely lashed out, fiercely elbowing Aduriz in the back. The Athletic striker went down under the blow.
Referee sent Sirigu off, gave Athletic a penalty
The referee, right by the incident, sent Sirigu straight off and pointed to the spot.
With Sevilla having made all their substitutions, Iborra was forced to take Sirigu's jersey and face the spot-kick. He guessed correctly, going left, but couldn't reach Aduriz's well placed penalty.
Sirigu can expect a few games out suspended for his unprovoked attack
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth