Cristiano Ronaldo’s fury was clearly visible when he was substituted by Zinedine Zidane in the 72nd minute against Las Palmas on Saturday. Now, thanks to Spanish TV station Cuatro, we also know what the striker muttered to Real Madrid representative García Coll as he made his way irritably towards the bench.
After shaking Zidane’s hand as he trotted off the pitch, although noticeably without attempting to make any eye contact with the coach, the angry Ronaldo walked past Coll and cursed “Why me? I do everything to make it 2-1...for fuck's sake!”, according to Cuatro’s lip readers.
“There’s 20 minutes left, 20 minutes!”
When on the bench, Cristiano’s disapproving remarks continued as he let out a “Fuck” in Portuguese, as well as a “Mother fucker” in Spanish. While he ripped off his wrist bandage, the Portuguese star continued, “There’s 20 minutes left, 20 minutes!”.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online