Luca Zidane at fault for another ghastly goalkeeping error
The goalkeeper -- who is Zinedine Zidane's son -- made the embarrassing error in the 12th minute, resulting in Borussia Dortmund's equaliser in the under-19s competition
Real Madrid’s under-19s goalkeeper Luca Zidane was responsible for an embarrassing error that cost his side a goal against Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Youth League on Tuesday.
The son of Real Madrid’s first team coach, Zinedine, had the ball comfortably at his feet in his area with Guti’s Juvenile team leading the game 1-0 after a 10th minute goal from Óscar. However, just two minutes later, Zidane was put under pressure from Dortmund player Arweiler, with the keeper opting to take the ball past the on-rushing forward instead of kicking it clear or passing to a teammate.
The decision didn’t end well for the 18-year old, as the German striker robbed the ball with a legitimate sliding tackle and turned to shoot in to an empty net. Luckily for Zidane, the under-19s went on to win the game 5-2, meaning his error was not too costly.
Second big error in two months
The mistake follows another ghastly error made by Zidane in August when he was playing for Castilla against Real Sociedad in Segunda Division B. On that occasion Madrid also recovered to win the game 3-2.
Te recomendamos en English
- US CORONAVIRUS NEWS How many Johnson & Johnson vaccines have been administered in the US?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE When are Champions League semi-finals played?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Neymar: "PSG are a team, we showed it against Bayern"
- NBA Durant focused on returning to full fitness, not Nets-76ers showdown
- Stimulus Checks What ID can I use to cash stimulus checks?
- USA What does Biden's $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan include?