Cristiano Ronaldo hugs Zidane after scoring opening goal
Ronaldo, who was angry at being taken off against Las Palmas, hugged his coach, Zidane, after scoring the opening goal against Borussia Dortmund.
Ronaldo hugs Zidane
Cristiano Ronaldo latched onto a bouncing ball from a Bale backheel in the Borussia Dortmund box and lashed it home to give Real Madrid the lead in their Champions League match this Tuesday night.
And to celebrate his opening goal, Cristiano Ronaldo ran straight to his coach, Zinedine Zidane, and hugged the Frenchman. A pointed gesture to put an end to several days of controversy after Ronaldo reacted badly to being taken off in the game against Las Palmas, with 20 minutes to go.
Ronaldo upset at substitution
Ronaldo was clearly upset at being taken off, and footage later shouted he swore in frustration while sitting on the bench.
While Zidane played the incident down, it appears there's nothing like putting the ball in the back of the net to calm troubled waters.
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"