Granada sack Paco Jémez after just six games in charge
The LaLiga strugglers have dropped the axe following a winless start to the new season .
Granada have announced that they have sacked manager Paco Jémez following a poor start to the LaLiga season. Still waiting for their first win of the season, the club sit nineteenth in the table ahead only of newly-promoted Osasuna.
Jémez leaves after just six games in charge
Jémez, who took charge only a few months ago, leaves the club after just six games in charge and will speak to the press at 14:45 CEST following his final training session. Granada B coach Lluis Planagumà is set to take charge of the first team until a replacement is found.
The timing of the decision is surprising – despite the club’s poor start – as it was believed that the board was willing to give Jémez more time to turn the situation around, starting with the home match against Leganés on Saturday.
A sought-after manager just a few months ago
Jémez was widely touted as an excellent appointment in the summer following his spell at Rayo Vallecano. Though he was unable to prevent the Madrid-based side from dropping into the second tier last season he was credited with establishing an attractive style of football with very limited resources. He was even talked about as a potential replacement for Vicente del Bosque as coach of the Spanish national team, though the Spanish Federation ultimately opted for former Porto coach Julen Lopetegui.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7