Atlético Madrid plan to increase Yannick Carrasco’s release clause
The club hope to ward off interest from a number of Premier League sides by significantly increasing the release clause in his contract.
Yannick Carrasco’s well-taken goal against Bayern Munich on Wednesday night, a goal that gave Atlético Madrid a crucial 1-0 win, showed once again why the Belgian has become one of Diego Simeone’s most important players.
Carrasco's release clause could rise to €100 million
Just 23, Carrasco is a mainstay for both club and country and is currently under contract at the Vicente Calderón until 2020 with a release clause of €40 million. But reports in Belgium suggest that Atleti are keen to revise his current deal in order to increase his release clause and to put it on par with those of Jan Oblak and Antoine Griezmann at around the €100 million mark.
Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City are all interested
The decision is likely to have been taken with one eye on interest from the Premier League. Arsenal, Chelsea and both Manchester clubs are said to be interested and would likely see no problem in paying the existing €40 million release clause to bring Carrasco to England. Barcelona and Real Madrid are also watching the Belgian and Atleti are keen to ward of their interest, even if it means offering Carrasco a hefty wage increase in the process.
Te recomendamos en English
- Kane not at Spurs training? English media would have helicopters out if Pogba tried that – Ferdinand
- OLYMPIC GAMES | LONG JUMP Tokyo 2021: Upset Echevarria after long jump silver due to injury, US avoid first-time basketball shock
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Belarusian sprinter who refused to leave Tokyo is now "safe"
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER How many Olympic medals did Mia Hamm win?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles will return for Team USA for balance beam final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Rapinoe admits USA "didn't have that juice" after shock Canada defeat