US romp to victory over Europe in the Ryder Cup
The United States captured the Ryder Cup for the first time since 2008, clinching victory over Europe when rookie Ryan Moore won the last three holes to defeat England's Lee Westwood.
American singles triumphs by Patrick Reed, Rickie Fowler, Brandt Snedeker and rookie Brooks Koepka and a vital half point from Phil Mickelson had put the US team on the brink.
"I was trying my hardest not to let my team down"
Moore completed the triumph with an eagle at the par-5 16th, a birdie at 17 and a conceded par at 18 to produce a 15-10 lead Europe could not overtake. 'To score the clinching point in the Ryder Cup is just incredible,' Moore said. 'I can't digest what just happened. I was trying my hardest not to let my team down.'
The final score was 17-11 as the US finally got their hands back on the trophy after eight long years.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Vinicius misses training over Covid-19 test doubts
- David Silva changed the dynamic of Manchester City, says Begiristain
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch
- CORONAVIRUS How to get stimulus check without filing taxes?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: how long could voting be delayed?