Bayern mistake allowed Dembele to sign for Borussia Dortmund
The young French sensation could have signed for Ancelotti's side this summer had it not been for a rookie error by Bayern's Technical Director.
Borussia Dortmund’s Ousmae Dembelé could have been a Bayern Munich player this summer if not for a rookie mistake by Bayern’s technical staff, say reports in Germany.
Bayern were keen on Dembele
The Bavarians were keen to sign the young Frenchman after a breakout season with Rennes in Ligue 1 in which he scored 12 goals and provided 5 assists and Bayern’s Technical Director Michael Reschke opened talks with the player’s agent.
Only he didn’t. Reschke made contact with Dembele’s former agent, Badou Sambague, instead of his new representative Marco Kirdemir, giving Dortmund the upper hand in negotiations.
Dortmund quickly sealed a €15 million deal
Dortmund quickly hammered out a deal and signed Dembele in a deal worth a reported €15 million. The youngster has been an instant hit at the Westfalenstadion this season, netting once and providing four assists as Thomas Tuchel’s side look to prise the Bundesliga title back from Bayern Munich.
Recommended in English
- NFL What American football team does Joe Biden support?
- PEARL HARBOR Pearl Harbor 80th anniversary facts: how many planes attacked, how many people died…
- MOVIES 8 movies based on the Attack on Pearl Harbor
- NFL LA Chargers' WR Keenan Allen sidelined by covid-19
- NFL 2021/2022 NFL week 13: Which teams favourite to reach the playoffs at the moment?
- NFL Packers backup QB Jordan Love placed on covid-19 list