GIBRALTAR 0 - 6 BELGIUM
Benteke scores fastest ever World Cup goal & hat trick for Belgium
Crystal Palace's record signing had a special night against Gibraltar as he helped his team to a 0-6 win scoring three himself including the quickest ever in just seven seconds.
Concentration from the start. Oh!
Christian Benteke took just seven seconds to put Belgium ahead tonight which handed him the record for the fastest ever goal in World Cup history, obviously including qualifying matches. For future pub quiz attendees the opposition was Gibraltar.
By the end of the game, the ex-Aston Villa and Liverpool striker who is currently the record signing for Crystal Palace had helped himself to a hat-trick scoring his second and third in minutes 43 and 56. Also on the scoresheet were Witsel (19), Mertens (51) and Chelsea winger Hazard (79) wrapping up a comfortable 0-6 win.
Gibraltar replace England
Benteke takes over from San Marino's Davide Gualtieri, who will be kicking himself tonight that he spent far too long waiting to score against England in qualifying for the 1994 World Cup. He took 8.3 seconds.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS Would a government shutdown in December completely stop fourth stimulus check negotiations?
- SOCIAL SECURITY Can you change your Social Security number for any reason?
- NFL Bucs' Antonio Brown banned for three games by NFL
- PREMIER LEAGUE Why has Michael Carrick left Manchester Utd?
- NFL How are the uniforms of the 2021 Army vs. Navy football game? Are they for sale?
- SOCCER With what teams has Cristiano Ronaldo scored career 800 goals?