GIBRALTAR 0 - 6 BELGIUM
Benteke scores fastest ever World Cup goal & hat trick for Belgium
Crystal Palace's record signing had a special night against Gibraltar as he helped his team to a 0-6 win scoring three himself including the quickest ever in just seven seconds.
Concentration from the start. Oh!
Christian Benteke took just seven seconds to put Belgium ahead tonight which handed him the record for the fastest ever goal in World Cup history, obviously including qualifying matches. For future pub quiz attendees the opposition was Gibraltar.
By the end of the game, the ex-Aston Villa and Liverpool striker who is currently the record signing for Crystal Palace had helped himself to a hat-trick scoring his second and third in minutes 43 and 56. Also on the scoresheet were Witsel (19), Mertens (51) and Chelsea winger Hazard (79) wrapping up a comfortable 0-6 win.
Gibraltar replace England
Benteke takes over from San Marino's Davide Gualtieri, who will be kicking himself tonight that he spent far too long waiting to score against England in qualifying for the 1994 World Cup. He took 8.3 seconds.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates