Ribery: Griezmann not yet world class
Franck Ribery has told Sport Bild that countryman Antoine Griezmann is still to earn his place among the game's very top stars.Copa del Rey live:Quarter Final Draw
Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery has told an interview in the German media that fellow Frenchman Antoine Griezmann can still not be considered as world class.
'Griezi' yet to win compatriot over
Griezmann has netted 63 times for Atlético Madrid since joining in 2014, helping the side to last season's Champions League final before scooping the Golden Boot and Player of the Tournament awards with runners-up France at Euro 2016.
A finalist for the 2015/16 UEFA Best Player in Europe prize - finally won by Cristiano Ronaldo - the current LaLiga top scorer is also one of the frontrunners for the 2016 Ballon d'Or and is attracting admiring glances from the continent's elite clubs.
Ace still not there, says Ribery
But Ribery said to Sport Bild: "He's not a world-class player yet, because he still hasn't repeated his level of performance consistently over time."
Back in 2015, Ribery had already indicated he remained to be fully convinced of the 25-year-old's credentials after he was linked with Bayern Munich, declaring: "There's no doubt he's playing well for Atlético, but Bayern are on another level."
Atleti went on to knock Bayern out of the Champions League semi-finals in 2015/16, with Diego Simeone's men also defeating the Bavarians in the clubs' opening meeting in this term's group stages.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Atlético Madrid: Trippier has his future mapped out
- NFL Buffalo Bills 31 vs Tennessee Titans 34 summary: score, stats, and highlights | NFL Week 6
- MLB Boston Red Sox annihilate Houston Astros in Game 3
- NFL NFL week 6 highlights: scores, updates, big wins and losses
- USMNT Gio Reyna could miss November international break
- NBA LeBron discusses injuries ahead of Lakers-Warriors clash