Markel Susaeta extends Athletic Club deal until 2019
The winger has renewed his contract at the Basque outfit, setting his new buy-out clause at €45 million.
Susaeta under contract until 2019
Athletic Club have announced that Markel Susaeta has renewed his contract at San Mamés. The veteran winger’s new deal, which extends his current contract by two years, ties him to the club until 2019.
The new deal also sees Susaeta’s buy-out clause rise considerably. It now stands at a hefty €45 million, a sum likely to ward off interest from other clubs.
A long-time performer for Athletic
The 28 year-old winger is one of the captains at Athletic, the club he first joined aged just 10, and has played over 300 games for the senior side since making his debut in 2007.
This season he has appeared in five league and two Europa League matches but has played the full 90 minutes just once, against Valencia last month.
*Update 13 de octubre de 2016
Recommended in English
- US NEWS What has Biden said about Justice Breyer's replacement on the Supreme Court?
- SIGA SIGA Global Mentorship Program creating the next generation of female leaders
- NFL How many Super Bowls have the San Francisco 49ers won?
- NFL Chiefs fans donate $223K to Buffalo hospital to mark win vs Bills
- NBA Statue of Kobe and Gianna Bryant erected at crash site
- NBA Giannis admits Cavs deserves greater respect after Bucks win