Real Madrid directors open the door to a Chicharito return
Manuel Cerezo and Santiago Aguado commented on the Mexican players great run of form and how they would welcome him back at the Bernabeu.
Javier Chicharito Hernández is still impressing in his time at German club Bayer Leverkusen and his performances with the Bundesliga side have not gone unnoticed among the upper stratospheres at the Spanish club.
Real Madrid club director Santiago Aguado spoke to Fox Sports and upon being questioned about the Mexican striker replied stating: "Yes, I'd like to see Chicharito back at Real Madrid as we feel that he is an excellent player".
His colleague Manuel Cerezo added that the Mexican's inability to adapt when at Real Madrid was his shortcoming but views his brief time at the club as mixed: “Chicharito like any player needs his time to adapt to the new situation, there is a lack of urgency at Real Madrid and when the opportunity to move to Leverkusen came round it was move he opted for one and it's great to see him doing well”, added Cerezo.
Chicharito played with Real Madrid during the 14-15 season bagging 9 goals in 33 games making the bulk of his appearances from the bench. In his second season with Bundesliga side Bayer Leverkusen the Mexican forward has been on target 33 times in 49 games.
- Jonathan Tah88Steals
*Update 17 de octubre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?