Former Athletic Club player Koldo Etxeberria passes away
The former centre-back was part of the Athletic squad for 11 seasons from 1961 to 1972. He died on Wednesday, aged 76.
Athletic mourn former player
Former Athletic Club defender Koldo Etxeberria passed away this morning, the Basque club announced. He was 76. Etxeberria spent 11 seasons with Athletic, joining the club in 1961 until his departure in 1972. The Asua-Bizkaya-born centre-back, made 341 appearances for the Leones and scored three goals - one in the league, against Oviedo and another three in the Cup including one against Barcelona. He was capped four times at full international level by Spain and was part of the Athletic team which beat Elche to lift the domestic Cup in 1969.
Recommended in English
- TENNIS Osaka gives up AO crown: 'This is the biggest step, even though I lost'
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Nothing quite beats single leg cup football
- NFL NFL playoffs: Rams must score big to beat Brady and Bucs, says Stafford
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea under Thomas Tuchel: a year on
- QATAR 2022 World Cup Qatar 2022, African Qualifiers play-off draw: how and where to watch, times, TV, online