Undiano Mallenco leaves Valencia fuming
Valencia were left with numerous complaints in Saturday's game against Barcelona - among them a penalty not given when Umtiti shoulder-charged Rodrigo in the box.
Valencia were more than a bit miffed at some of Alberto Undiano Mallenco's decisions in this afternoon's meeting with Barcelona. Prandelli's players, Diego Alves in particular, felt that Leo Messi's opener should not have stood as Luis Suárez was in an offside position when the ball was played; and while the Uruguayan didn't make contact with the ball, the flag ought to have been raised for visual obstruction as the ball went under him on its way in. Alves was shown a yellow card for his protests.
On 33 minutes, the hosts were left raging again when Umtiti shoulder barged Rodrigo Moreno sending him tumbling to the floor inside the box. No penalty, said the ref. El central pudo haberse excedido al cargar al extremo. To add insult to injury, Busquets was allowed to get away scot-free from a challenge from behind when he was already on a booking. Valencia felt he should have been sent off.
Recommended in English
- SOCIAL SECURITY What should I do if I lose my Social Security card?
- UNITED STATES Martin Luther King, Jr Day: is it national holiday? Why is it celebrated today? Origin & meaning
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- NFL Buccaneers injuries: Wirfs out with sprained ankle
- NFL The Cowboys lose to the 49ers on a bizarre final play