Pescara-Atalanta Serie A match stopped due to Italy earthquake
Matchday 10 in Italy's top flight saw two matches stopped, due to tremors and heavy rain, but all games completed as the race is on for the title.
Mother Nature wanted a piece of Serie A
Matchday 10 in Italy saw Mother Nature have an influence as earthquakes and rain meant some games had to be stopped for a period.
Two quakes hit and were felt in the capital Rome, sending residents running out of their houses and into the streets. The second was felt as far away as Venice in the far north, and Naples, south of the capital.
The US Geological Survey (USGS) registered a first 5.5-magnitude quake at 18:10 CEST, with the second two hours later. In both cases the epicentre was near the village of Visso in the central Marche region.
Earthquakes and rainfall
The game between Pescara and Atalanta was stopped for three minutes while the situation was assessed. Fans were seen leaving the stands in fear of what might have been especially with fresh memories of the quakes in Italy in August that killed almost 300 people. The game did resume and it was the visitors that took the points thanks to a goal from Caldara.
Another affected game, this time due to heavy rain which caused a pause in proceedings, was Fiorentina against Crotone. This game was also completed and finished 1-1.
Midweek Italian round-up
In other action, Juventus maintained top spot in the league after a 4-1 win over Sampdoria (helped by a surprising double from Chiellini) while Napoli overcame Empoli 2-0. Capital fans enjoyed seeing Dzeko bag a brace as Roma ran out 3-1 victors over Sassuolo which keeps them just two points behind the Bianconeri and Inter can thank their much-hyped Icardi for a tough 2-1 win against Torino.
Te recomendamos en English
- RESIDENT EVIL How to play Resident Evil games in order? Village included
- MAYWEATHER VS LOGAN PAUL What are the odds, predictions for the Mayweather vs Logan Paul fight?
- NBA Brooklyn Nets-Dallas Mavericks game recap: scores, stats, highlights...
- NBA Nets star Harden 'very confident' he will return before NBA playoffs
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS How effective are stimulus checks according to Biden?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES Covid-19 vaccine patent waiver: how will it affect vaccine production?