Barcelona club president Josep María Bartomeu and Pere Guardiola, Luis Suárez's agent are close to announcing an extension to the strikers contract that will keep the Uruguayan at Camp Nou through to 2021.
Suarez is happy in Barcelona and feels a key part of the club's project and future direction. Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo report that a few minor details are still to be ironed out before the extension can be signed and subsequently confirmed officially.
Suarez moved to the Catalan club in 2014 following a move from English Premier side Liverpool FC and has made 71 appearances for Barça bagging 63 goals in the process.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Alexander-Arnold: "Madrid holds good memories but we've got a job to do tomorrow"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- Neymar ready to face Borussia Dortmund, Tuchel confirms
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite's agent arrives to open talks
- LAUREUS 2020 Messi and Lewis Hamilton share Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award