Barcelona club president Josep María Bartomeu and Pere Guardiola, Luis Suárez's agent are close to announcing an extension to the strikers contract that will keep the Uruguayan at Camp Nou through to 2021.
Suarez is happy in Barcelona and feels a key part of the club's project and future direction. Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo report that a few minor details are still to be ironed out before the extension can be signed and subsequently confirmed officially.
Suarez moved to the Catalan club in 2014 following a move from English Premier side Liverpool FC and has made 71 appearances for Barça bagging 63 goals in the process.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Super Bowl LV 2021: how many tickets are available for Buccaneers & Chiefs fans?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus US: what pandemic travel restrictions will Biden impose?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the Pentagon banning transgender people in the military?
- NFL Tom Brady vs Patrick Mahomes: how many times have they faced each other?
- SUPER BOWL LV How many Super Bowls have the Buccaneers played and won?
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it