Barcelona club president Josep María Bartomeu and Pere Guardiola, Luis Suárez's agent are close to announcing an extension to the strikers contract that will keep the Uruguayan at Camp Nou through to 2021.
Suarez is happy in Barcelona and feels a key part of the club's project and future direction. Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo report that a few minor details are still to be ironed out before the extension can be signed and subsequently confirmed officially.
Suarez moved to the Catalan club in 2014 following a move from English Premier side Liverpool FC and has made 71 appearances for Barça bagging 63 goals in the process.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem