Barcelona club president Josep María Bartomeu and Pere Guardiola, Luis Suárez's agent are close to announcing an extension to the strikers contract that will keep the Uruguayan at Camp Nou through to 2021.
Suarez is happy in Barcelona and feels a key part of the club's project and future direction. Catalan sports daily Mundo Deportivo report that a few minor details are still to be ironed out before the extension can be signed and subsequently confirmed officially.
Suarez moved to the Catalan club in 2014 following a move from English Premier side Liverpool FC and has made 71 appearances for Barça bagging 63 goals in the process.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades