Prolific Carrasco leads Atlético Madrid past Málaga
Yannick Carrasco has begun this season in fine goalscoring form and didn’t disappoint on Saturday afternoon. His brace, along with another from summer signing Kevin Gameiro, powered Atlético Madrid to a hard-fought 4-2 win over visitors Málaga to keep up the pressure on city rivals Real Madrid at the top of the LaLiga table.
Carrasco’s goals were his sixth and seventh in his last four games, a goal scoring spree that has led Atlético to second in the table after an indifferent start back in August and early September.
Carrasco delighted with match-winning brace
The Belgian international told reporters after the game, unsurprisingly, that he’s delighted with his recent form.
“I feel really good, it’s thanks to the team that I feel this way,” he said with a very Simeone-like focus on the team. “I’m delighted. This was a tough game and we dealt with it very well.”
The Belgian's fine form rewarded with a new deal
Carrasco’s fine form this year has not gone unnoticed. He recently signed a new long-term deal with Atlético that will keep him at the Vicente Calderón until 2022, upping his buy-out clause from €40 million to a hefty €100 million to ward off reported interest from the Premier League.
Te recomendamos en English
- WORLD NEWS Spanish volcanologist explains what will happen when the lava reaches the sea on La Palma
- NFL NFL: Which players were fined from Week 2?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-Of-Living-Projection historically high?
- US NEWS What age should you file for social security to get the maximum benefits?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Arsenal vs Tottenham live online: Premier League 2021/22