Bale scores Real Madrid's fastest ever Champions League goal
Gareth Bale wrote his name into the Madrid history books in Los Merengues' Group F match away to Polish champions Legia Warsaw.
Gareth Bale celebrated his new Real Madrid contract with by making club history in Los Blancos' Champions League draw with Legia Warsaw on Wednesday night.
Superb first-minute strike in Warsaw
The Wales star, who put pen to paper on a new, six-year deal on Monday, gave Real the lead with a thunderous shot into the top corner after just 55 seconds.
The strike - Bale's second in Europe this season - is the fastest ever scored by a Madrid player in the competition.
Beats Benzema record from 2011
His effort is almost 30 seconds swifter than Real's previous quickest in the Champions League, netted by Karim Benzema against Dinamo Zagreb.
In a 6-2 group-stage victory over the Croatian side at the Bernabéu in November 2011, Frenchman Benzema put Real in front with 83 seconds on the clock.
Goles más rápidos del Real Madrid en UEFA Champions League:— MisterChip (Alexis) (@2010MisterChip) 2 November 2016
02.11.2016 BALE (a los 55 segundos)
22.11.2011 Benzema (a los 83 segundos)
Bale 45 seconds slower than Makaay
Bale's goal remains well short of the fastest overall in the Champions League, scored after 10.1 seconds by Bayern Munich's Roy Makaay against Real in 2007.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7