Yannick Carrasco has emerged as a target for Ligue 1 champions PSG as the club seeks a new striker to complement Edinson Cavani, and to provide a replacement if anything should befall the prolific Uruguay striker.
Jesé out of favour
Former Real Madrid forward Jesé Rodríguez has failed to convince at the French club and has been handed just 197 minutes in the league and 11 in Europe by Unai Emery so far this season.
Carrasco 100 million-euro clause
Carrasco will not come cheap, however. The Belgium international renewed his contract with Atlético Madrid last month and has a minimum release clause of 100 million euros, a figure that is not a problem for PSG, whose owner Nasser Al-Khelaifi is keen to splash the cash on a marquee signing after the departure of Zlatan Ibrahimovic to launch a challenge for the Champions League title this season.
Carrasco has been in fine form for Atlético this season, chipping in with seven goals and three assists in 13 games and has become one of Diego Simeone’s most trusted players.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Messi's numbers at Barcelona: appearances, goals, trophies...
- BARCELONA Messi leaves Barcelona, live updates: reactions, possible new club, details
- OLYMPIC GAMES | RACE WALKING Race walking at Tokyo Olympics 2021: rules, distances and courses
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics 2021: Doncic explains assist-heavy display in France defeat
- OLYMPIC GAMES Gardiner takes 400m crown as Crouser defends his title
- OLYMPIC GAMES How long is a marathon? How far is it in miles?