Raúl and Chicharito up for best latino goal in Bundesliga history
The scooped goal for Schalke 04's Spaniard against FC Köln is one of the five shortlisted for the vote that will be decided by fans. Which do you think should win?
Castillian class in Cologne
The beautifully scooped goal that Raúl scored in Cologne in August of 2011 when at Schalke 04 has been nominated in the five best goals by a latino player in the history of the Bundesliga. That lob against FC Köln was chosen as the goal of the season in 2011, and also sits as the second best in the history of Schalke 04.
It will be up to the fans of the German top flight who will ultimately take the honour in a poll that opens today on behalf of the official Bundesliga site.
Tough competition for the Madrid legend
Competing with the Spanish legend are Arturo Vidal (Bayern Munich), Grafite (Wolfsburg), Chicharito (Bayer Leverkusen) and Pizarro (Werder Bremen).
In his two seasons at the Gelsenkirchen club, the ex-Real Madrid striker played in 98 games scoring 40 goals in the process. In the league alone he contested 66 games with a return of 28 goals.
The chance to vote will close on Monday November 14.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother