Marc-Andre ter Stegen will replace Germany captain Manuel Neuer for Friday's 2018 World Cup qualifier at San Marino with Ilkay Gundogan to make his first international start for a year.
Barcelona's goalkeeper Ter Stegen steps in with Neuer ruled out of the world champion's qualifier against the tiny microstate because of a virus, and he will also sit out Tuesday's friendly against Italy in Milan.
"I believe Marc-Andre ter Stegen will play tomorrow and (Bayer Leverkusen's) Bernd Leno will play against Italy," said Loew in Thursday's press conference.
"Gundogan and Gomez will also start, as for the rest I have to see in training."
Other team news
Juventus' defensive midfielder Sami Khedira is expected to captain Germany against San Marino.
Gundogan, who has been in impressive form for the Citizens, and Wolfsburg striker Mario Gomez will both start the qualifier, head coach Joachim Loew has confirmed.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries