Lewandowski: Romania-Poland halted as flare explodes by ace
Friday's World Cup qualifier had to be stopped for several minutes after a firecracker was thrown onto the field and went off by the striker.
Poland's 3-0 World Cup qualifying win in Romania had to be stopped for several minutes after a firecracker went off next to visiting striker Robert Lewandowski.
Flare explodes at forward's feet
The incident happened early in the second half in Bucharest, with the away side leading 1-0 courtesy of Kamil Grosicki's 11th-minute opener.
Thrown onto the pitch by the home fans, the object landed right by Lewandowski, before exploding as he tried to draw referee Damir Skomina's attention to it.
The Bayern Munich man immediately fell to the turf and required treatment from the Polish medical staff, but fortunately was able to carry on.
Lewandowski went on to score the Poles' second of the night with eight minutes remaining, and in time added on completed his double from the penalty spot.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth