Morata to miss the derby with suspected hamstring tear
Madrid confirmed this evening that Morata has suffered a Grade II hamstring injury. He played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley. He could be out for over a month.
Morata to miss the derby
Real Madrid confirmed this evening that Álvaro Morata has suffered a Grade II injury to his right hamstring. The striker played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley last night, coming on as a second half sub. He will miss Saturday's Madrid derby, El Clásico and possibly next month's Club World Cup in Japan. Similar injuries in which muscle fibres have been torn usually require a recovery time of one month or longer.
The medical report issued by the club read as follows:
"After tests carried out on our player Álvaro Morata at the Sanitas La Moraleja University Hospital prior to the training session held today, Wednesday, he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 muscle injury in his right hamstring. His recovery will continue to be assessed".
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo Olympics: Luka Doncic 'dominating the Games like no player in 30 years'
- OLYMPIC GAMES Golfer McIlroy praises Biles and Osaka for raising mental health awareness
- Coronavirus When would it be necessary to have the third covid-19 vaccine?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: track and field, Caeleb Dressel, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES "Pressure is a privilege" - Djokovic on Biles and Osaka
- OLYMPIC GAMES Swimming: El Salvador's Celina Márquez departs Olympics