Morata to miss the derby with suspected hamstring tear
Madrid confirmed this evening that Morata has suffered a Grade II hamstring injury. He played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley. He could be out for over a month.
Morata to miss the derby
Real Madrid confirmed this evening that Álvaro Morata has suffered a Grade II injury to his right hamstring. The striker played 26 minutes of Spain's friendly against England at Wembley last night, coming on as a second half sub. He will miss Saturday's Madrid derby, El Clásico and possibly next month's Club World Cup in Japan. Similar injuries in which muscle fibres have been torn usually require a recovery time of one month or longer.
The medical report issued by the club read as follows:
"After tests carried out on our player Álvaro Morata at the Sanitas La Moraleja University Hospital prior to the training session held today, Wednesday, he has been diagnosed with a grade 2 muscle injury in his right hamstring. His recovery will continue to be assessed".
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?