The injury to Álvaro Morata has become the cause of some controversy between Real Madrid and the Spanish Football Federation.
No tests after Macedonia knock
After the striker returned from international duty with a hamstring tear that could rule him out for a month, the club are said to be furious with Spain’s procedure over the injury. Morata initially suffered a blow to the leg in the World Cup qualifier against Macedonia last week, causing him to be replaced by Aduriz in the 60th minute.
26 minutes at Wembley
Following that incident, Real Madrid do not understand why exhaustive tests on Morata weren’t carried out to determine the state of the player or why he was allowed to play against England. Morata ended up playing 26 minutes at Wembley on Tuesday, which seems to have aggravated the problem he picked up in the previous match.
Spain plead innocence
The Spanish Football Federation’s stance on the situation is diametrically opposed. AS sources at the federation have informed the newspaper that Morata didn’t indicate any problem to the medics neither before nor after the friendly in London. They also assure that the striker trained as normal following the knock he took against Macedonia.
Follow the coverage match of World Cup 2018 qualifier : Spain vs Israel
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement