Jørgensen stuns Chen Long on home soil
Denmark's Jan Ø Jørgensen upset world and Olympic champion Chen Long in front of his home fans to win the China Open in Fuzhou on Sunday.
Denmark's Jan Ø. Jørgensen upset world and Olympic champion Chen Long in front of his home fans to win the China Open in Fuzhou on Sunday.
Jørgensen won 22-30, 21-13 for only his second victory over second-ranked Chen in 10 attempts, and his first since the 2014 Indonesian Open. The Dane edged a nip-and-tuck first game but after he hit the front at 4-3 in the second, he was never headed and he gunned to the title in just 46 minutes.
Jørgensen's first individual trophy of the year comes after he helped Denmark to their maiden Thomas Cup international team title in Kunshan, China, in May. There were also celebrations for India when P.V. Sindhu beat China's Sun Yu 21-11, 17-21, 21-11 to win the women's singles, to add to her Olympic silver medal won in August.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2