Clipped by Coates
Gareth Bale was forced to retire from this evening's meeting with Sporting Clube de Portugal before the hour mark was up. On 53 minutes, he was clipped on his right ankle by Sebastián Coates and lay on the field to have his ankle looked at before receiving treatment on the touchline. He returned to the game two minutes later but couldn't continued and limped off-field, being replaced by Marco Asensio.
Bale's right ankle is inflamed but hopefully the swelling will have gone down sufficiently by tomorrow for doctors to examine it.
Marcelo forced off
That wasn't the only bad news for Zidane in Lisbon. Marcelo also damaged his right ankle while challenging a ball with Gelson Martins. He was replaced by Fábio Coentrão on 71 minutes. He too will undergo tests tomorrow.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is the Social Security increase for 2022 the largest in US history?
- NFL The NFL proposes a solution to its problem of 'race norming' in dementia settlements
- NFL NFL 21-22: What's the NFL record for most interceptions in a season?
- NFL Who are the NFL's All-Time passing yards and Touchdown leaders?
- Fati: Inheriting Messi's number 10 shirt does not bring added pressure at Barca
- NBA NBA 20/21 season to feature 109 international players from 39 countries