Nacho challenges Ramos for a starting berth
Nacho quietly gains ground
It still isn’t clear just how good Nacho is, and we’re yet to fully grasp it despite the fact he’s already 26. However, it's hard to recall too many mistakes, despite the one he made yesterday that could have cost his team dearly. Nacho plays where he is asked to play and is rarely below par. Against Sporting Gijón he started on the left and afforded his team width, defensive solidity and sent in a peach of a cross with his left peg which curled beautifully onto Ronaldo’s head for Madrid’s second.
Pushing for a place
The Portuguese striker admitted that he owed much of that goal to Nacho and the Spaniard is no longer just there to make up the numbers; he is now staking his claim for a starting place and Sergio Ramos currently has a fight on his hands. Despite his slip – positioned in the centre alongside Pepe to make way for Marcelo, he mistimed his tack to concede the penalty that Cop subsequently missed – Nacho is one of those unsung heroes who is becoming a key member of the Madrid squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA and HEALS Act live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news
- Stimulus check Stimulus check: how to report missing payments and mistakes to the IRS
- Coronavirus USA Stimulus check schedule: when could second round be voted on, passed and paid?
- CORONAVIRUS BioVyzr: the futuristic helmet to protect against Covid-19
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou