'Chape' confirm they are set to be declared Sudamericana champions
The Chapecoense interim president, Iván Tozzo also confirmed that the club are to set to receive an economic recompense that will total approximately two million euro.
Chape to be crowned champions
Brazilian daily Globo Esporte report that Chapecoense's, interim president Iván Tozzo affirmed that the Brazilian Serie A club are set to be declared champions of the Copa Sudamericana and the Santa Catarina based club are also set to receive a financial indemnity following last Monday's air tragedy. As yet the South American football governing body COMNEBOL have yet to officially confirm both developments.
Awaiting confirmation from COMNEBOL
Tozzo was speaking after the memorial held at the club's Arena Condá stadium and the event was attended by Alejandro Domínguez, president of COMNEBOL and it's thought that Dominguez verbally relayed these matters to Tozzo. The COMNEBOL executive committee are set to meet on December 21 and it's anticipated that the initiative will be ratified by members at the meeting.
The economic aid is set to be used for Chapecoense to reconstruct a competitive football team following Monday's tragedy in Colombia which saw 71 people die in the airline accident which included the bulk of the 'Chape first team squad, club employees and many members of the Brazilian media.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?