Spain will host Israel in El Molinón on March 24, 2017
The president of the RFEF announced that the World Cup 2018 qualifier will take place at the home stadium of Sporting in Gijón.
The president of the Spanish football Federation, Angel María Villar, on Monday confirmed that Spain’s next World Cup 2018 qualifier, against Israel, will be played in El Molinón, Sporting Gijón’s home stadium, on March 24, 2017 during the first international break of the New Year.
Spain and Italy joint top
Spain currently lead Group G in Uefa qualifying from Italy on goal difference, with both nations ties on 10 points. Israel are in third place on nine points as Elish Levy’s side seek to qualify for the World Cup for the first time since Mexico 1970, when they finished bottom of Group 2 behind Italy, Uruguay and Sweden.
Spain-Italy on September 2
Italy host fourth-placed Albania in the same round of fixtures before the two favourites to top the group and secure direct qualification for Russia 2018 meet in Spain on September 2, 2017 at a venue yet to be determined.
Follow the coverage match of World Cup 2018 qualifier : Spain vs Israel
Te recomendamos en English
- UFC UFC 266: Volkanovski's sweary outburst after brutal title defence over Ortega
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight? | TV, time and following games in NFL Week 3
- REAL MADRID Camavinga: "Playing at the 2022 World Cup is a goal for me"
- PSG PSG given Messi boost ahead of Man City Champions League tie
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals break record amid 15-game winning run
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?