Cristiano Ronaldo drew a blank for the fourth straight Champions League game on Wednesday as Real Madrid were held by Borussia Dortmund.
The 2-2 stalemate at the Bernabéu condemned Real to a second-place finish in Group F, leaving the tournament holders in pot two of the last-16 draw.
Cristiano ends round with just two goals
And Cristiano's failure to net against the Bundesliga side saw him complete his lowest-scoring group stage since joining Real in 2009.
The 31-year-old ended the round-robin stage of Europe's premier club competition with just two goals, well short of top marksman Leo Messi on 10.
Cristiano's previous worst return for Los Blancos in the first round proper was his total of three in 2011/12, although that year he missed the final two fixtures.
Ace broke group-stage goals record in 2015/16
Last season, he bagged an unprecedented 11 group-phase goals, while he also holds the record for a whole Champions League campaign, having hit 17 in 2013/14.
Star responds to Bernabéu crowd in Dortmund draw
On a frustrating night for CR7, who remains two off 100 European goals, he was even seen gesturing to the home fans after being whistled for losing possession.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool