Atlético work on sharpening strikeforce
Simeone discussed Griezmann's goal drought ahead of their visit to Villarreal, putting it down to "what happens in his position".
In front of goal
Atlético Madrid spent the final training session before their trip to Villarreal on Monday evening (20:45, CET) focusing on their wavering strikeforce, particularly Antoine Griezmann. The Frenchman hasn't found the back of the net since his strike against PSV on 23 November, and in La Liga has now gone seven games without a goal.
Simeone referred to Griezmann's goal drought during his pre-match press conference, putting the current situation down to "what happens in his position". Gameiro scored his last goal at El Sadar and lacked sharpness against Espanyol, while Torres hasn't seen the net bulge since he scored twice against Sporting in September.
Possible Atlético XI:
Oblak; Juanfran, Savic, Godín, Lucas; Correa, Tiago, Gabi, Koke; Gameiro and Griezmann.
Moyá, Oblak, Godín, Savic, Vrsaljko, Lucas, Juanfran, Giménez, Tiago, Koke, Saúl, Carrasco, Gabi, Gaitán, Thomas, Griezmann, Fernando Torres, Correa and Gameiro.
- Roque Mesa942Passes
*Update 11 de diciembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online