Atlético Madrid will have to deal with another absence in the centre of the pitch on top of Augusto's long spell out through injury as Thomas Partey has been called up by Avram Grant to play for Ghana in the 2017 African Cup of Nations tournament which commences in Gabon on January 14
The progress of the Ghanaian side will impact on the exact time scale the player is missing for Atletico with Thomas set to join up with other members of the Black Stars squad on January 7 with the Odumase Krobo born player out of LaLiga action for at least a month.
The Atlético squad re-group after the Christmas break on December 28 and then travel to Saudi Arabia for a friendly game on December 30 with the first official game of 2017 taking place in Las Palmas on January 3 in the Copa del Rey.
Thomas will be available for these games but will miss matches against: Eibar, Las Palmas (cup return leg), Betis, Athletic, Alavés and Leganés. Should Atleti progress in the Spanish Cup the Ghanian international would also miss any hypothetical quarter and semi final matches assuming Ghana progress from their group in Gabon.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats