Chelsea continue to scour the market for a new goalkeeper, with the possibility that they will lose Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid next summer. As previously reported in AS, the Spanish giants are keen on the Belgian goalie, who has been reticent to sign a new deal with the London club.
Chelsea drawing up short-list of potential keepers
Given the situation, Chelsea have started drawing up a short-list of possible targets to substitute Courtois. The first name to appear, yesterday, was Jan Oblak, currently at Atlético Madrid under the orders of Simeone. And today another possibility appeared: Joe Hart.
The English keeper, currently on loan at Torino from Manchester City, would apparently be the first choice for Conte's side, according to sources in the UK, ahead of Oblak.
Hart not keen on returning to City
Hart for his part doesn't want to go back to City, upset as he is over his treatment at the hands of Guardiola, and the English club would be willing to sell him. That said, they would need convincing to move him on to another Premier League club, as they don't like the idea of bolstering one of their direct rivals.
Chelsea though would be willing to pay the nearly 12 million euros the deal would cost, plus the 141,000 euros the keeper takes home each week. But Conte will have competition: Liverpool and Tottenham are also said to both be willing to meet these demands.
Will Chelsea fight Real Madrid for Courtois
But whether Chelsea need to enter the market depends on whether Real Madrid do decide to swoop for Courtois, and if they do whether Roman Abramovich would then decide to make it difficult for Zidane and co to make off with a player the Russian rates very highly.
- Diego Costa13Goals
*Update 27 de diciembre de 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze
- OLYMPIC GAMES Which Olympic boxer has won the most medals?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Megan Rapinoe could retire from USWNT after Olympic campaign