PSG close to signing Cavani understudy Bernardeschi
Manchester United and Chelsea are also hoping to land the promising young Italian forward although the French side lead the chase.
Extra fire power
According to 'Goal.com', Paris Saint-Germain are close to signing a striker who will be able to allow them to rest Edinson Cavani every once in a while. Cavani has scored 18 goals in 17 games in Ligue 1 but technical staff feel the team is over-reliant on the Uruguayan and feel he needs an understudy so that he can be rested for less critical games.
PSG have earmarked Fiorentina's Federico Bernardeschi as the player to compensate when Cavani needs a breather. The 22-year-old is rated for being a goal scorer who plays and makes his team mates play. A good striker of the ball, Bernardeschi is also described as being pacey, talented, skillful with 'exquisite technique' - qualities which have attracted the attentions of Manchester United and Chelsea although reports suggest PSG have the edge on signing the player.
Nine goals this season
Bernardeschi has scored19 goals in 79 games for Fiore - nine of them this season
Recommended in English
- MLB Why is the MLB close to a lockout? What are the key issues?
- NFL Where does the Dallas Cowboys - New York Giants team rivalry comes from?
- NFL Who has the biggest NFL rivalry?
- US NEWS What services are likely to stop during a government shutdown?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES Supreme Court on Roe v Wade live updates: arguments, Abortion Law, Mississippi...
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?