Germany international Julian Draxler has joined Paris Saint-Germain from VfL Wolfsburg on a four-year deal, the French giants confirmed on Tuesday.
The 23-year-old attacking midfielder has signed for a reported 36 to 40 million euros, committing to the Paris club until the end of June 2021.
Draxler: "I'm very proud"
Draxler, part of Germany's 2014 World Cup-winning side, said he was proud to move to the Ligue 1 champions, ending an acrimonious spell at his former club.
"I will be discovering a new country, a new championship and am very proud to embark on this new stage as part of a club that has become a reference in Europe and has recruited many very great players in recent years," Draxler declared.
Draxler was unsettled at Wolfsburg and ruffled feathers last year when he publicly announced that he wanted to leave, prompting coach Valerien Ismael to say the player was causing "confusion" in the team.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS US Will the covid-19 vaccine be mandatory in NY for teachers?
- CORONAVIRUS US Where are the Delta variant danger zones?
- NFL NFL: When should the San Francisco 49ers start Trey Lance?
- NFL Dolphins QB Tagovailoa on injured reserve, to miss at least 3 games
- Liga MX Club América vs Chivas live: Liga MX 'Super Clásico Nacional' online
- NBA Report: Simmons rejects meeting with teammates on 76ers rift