"Morata is sentimentally linked to Italy" - Juventus CEO, Marotta
Giuseppe Marotta responded to reports on Tuesday that Real Madrid striker Alvara Morata is considering a return to Juventus after failing to find a regular place in the Los Blancos XI.
Follow Porto vs Juventus match coverage | Champions League
Juventus CEO Giuseppe Marotta has spoken following reports in Italy linking Real Madrid centre-forward Álvaro Morata with a move back to the Bianconeri club.
“He’s sentimentally linked to Italy and an Italian woman [Morata’s girlfriend],” said Marotta on the story published by El Corriere dello Sport on Tuesday.
"He’s a Real Madrid player and that’s that"
“He’s in constant contact with his ex-teammates to whom he’s told how very much [he enjoyed it] here, but that doesn’t say anything. He’s a Real Madrid player and that’s that."
Morata has not enjoyed the game time he had hoped for since re-signing for first club Real after two years in Turin, making just six LaLiga starts this season, and Corriere dello Sport says he is starting to wonder whether going back to Madrid was the right move.
“I don't think that information is true"
When asked about the report in his press conference on Tuesday afternoon however, Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane questioned its validity.
“I don't think that information is true,” he said. “I see him as being content here because this is his home. He is working well and very committed to the project. I don't know if that report is true, but you will have to ask him."
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCCER Real Madrid's Vinicius outshining his idol Neymar at PSG
- Technology Which phones will no longer support WhatsApp starting on November 1?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in California?
- NFL NFL Commissioner Goodell: WFT probe results won’t be released
- NFL | STEELERS Steelers coach Tomlin says he would 'never' take college job
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"