James and Isco to miss Copa return leg against Sevilla; Asensio should start
The Colombian is suffering from twinges. Kovacic trained with the group for the first time since his injury and Lucas Vázquez also worked out at the same pace as the rest.
James Rodríguez and Isco were the notable absentees from this morning's training session - the final workout ahead of tomorrow's Copa del Rey return leg at Sevilla. The Colombian has complained of muscular pain and remained indoors exercising with the physiotherapists. Isco meanwhile still hasn't recovered from the knock he took to his ankle in the last league outing against Granada. Marco Asensio, who featured in the starting line-up in the first leg, looks like entering Zidane's XI at the Sánchez Pizjuán.
The positive news was the return of Mateo Kovacic who is back training with the group. The Croatian will likely be rested for tomorrow's return leg but could be handed minutes in Sunday's league meeting with Sevilla. The same applies to Lucas Vázquez, who now has two full training sessions under his belt.
Sergio Ramos also trained as normal and will enter the list for the first time this year. No so lucky is Pepe, who is out with a calf muscle injury and Gareth Bale continues with his recovery.
Enzo Zidane worked out with the first team squad today - while that in itself is nothing new, due to the players who are unavailable through injury and Martin Ødegaard's departure, he could enter the squad list for the tie.
The squad will fly directly to Seville from Madrid tomorrow at 11am and will be based at the NH Collection Hotel.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT When is Adele's '30' album coming out? Where can I listen to it?
- NBA Best paid NBA players in 2021/22 season
- NFL Who plays Sunday Night Football tonight Week 6? | TV and times
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Newcastle's new owners consider move for Erling Haaland
- SOCCER | PREMIER LEAGUE "Salah has to experience Real Madrid"
- LALIGA SANTANDER Barcelona boosted as Agüero and Fati in squad for Valencia game