Cristiano, Modric left out of Real Madrid squad for Sevilla clash
Cristiano Ronaldo has again been rested in the Copa del Rey as Real travel to the Ramón Sánchez-Pizjuán for Thursday's last-16 second leg.
Cristiano and Modric handed rest
The Real head coach, who had already rested the newly crowned The Best FIFA Men's Player 2016 in the first leg, has also chosen to omit midfielder Luka Modric.
Zidane has opted to reserve the pair despite additionally being without James Rodríguez and Isco, who have picked up calf and ankle issues respectively.
Ninth match Ronaldo has missed this term
It will be the ninth game this season that Cristiano has missed - the sixth as a result of rotation - having sat out just four last term and five the campaign before.
Ramos, Vázquez and Kovacic back from injury
Meanwhile, Madrid welcome Sergio Ramos and Lucas Vázquez back after returning to full fitness, and Mateo Kovacic also returns to the squad.
The Croat rejoined full training on Wednesday following his recovery from an ankle sprain, and goes straight into the group for the trip to Seville.
Enzo given call-up from Castilla
Also included in Real's travelling party is the coach's son, Enzo Zidane, who made his senior debut against Cultural Leonesa in the Copa last 32.
Real Madrid squad to face Sevilla:
Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Casilla and Yáñez.
Defenders: Carvajal, Ramos, Varane, Nacho, Marcelo, Coentrao and Danilo.
Midfielders: Kroos, Casemiro, Kovacic, Asensio and Enzo.
Forwards: Benzema, Lucas Vázquez, Mariano and Morata.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Does Medicaid cover dental? How can I find a clinic that accepts Medicaid?
- US NEWS Who controls gas prices in the United States? How can the price of gas go down?
- US NEWS Why are gas pricing increasing in October 2021?
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many numbers are in a Social Security Number?
- SOCCER Pelé moving 'closer to the goal' as Brazil great continues recovery
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE New setback for Atlético Madrid's Marcos Llorente