Messi equals Raúl in scoring against 35 clubs in LaLiga
The Argentinean netted his first goal against Las Palmas in Saturday's victory at Camp Nou and matched the Real Madrid great's record.
Leo Messi scored Barcelona’s second goal in the 5-0 rout of Las Palmas on Saturday to reach the milestone of having scored against 35 different clubs in the Spanish top flight, a mark he now shares with Real Madrid great Raúl.
Messi’s first goal against Las Palmas took him past Julio Salinas, who scored against 34 different clubs in the 1980s and 1990s during spells at Barça, Athletic and Atlético.
Atlético and Sevilla least pleased to see Messi
Messi’s favoured victims in the league are Sevilla and Atlético, both of whom he has scored 21 times against.
Valencia, Osasuna, Athletic, Real Madrid, Getafe, Deportivo, Espanyol, Rayo, Betis, Levante, Zaragoza, Almería, Málaga, Mallorca, Racing, Real Sociedad, Granada, Villarreal, Tenerife, Eibar, Elche, Sporting, Valladolid, Celta, Recreativo, Nàstic, Numancia, Leganés, Albacete, Alavés and now Las Palmas complete the set of 35.
The only sides Messi has failed to score against in his Liga career are Xerez, Murcia and Cádiz.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen