Marseille keen on signing Atlético's Theo Hernández
According to L'Equipe, sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has made the left back a top priority after his performances on loan at Alavés.
Theo Hernández’s performances for Alavés this season have alerted Europe to the potential of the on-loan Atlético Madrid full back.
Olympique Marseille sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta has identified Hernández as the perfect player to strengthen the left back position, where he would be guaranteed a starting role. Atlético though plan to bring the 19-year-old back to the Calderón after his loan at the Mendizorrotza as a long-term replacement for 31-year-old Filipe Luis, where Hernández would also share the dressing room with his brother Lucas.
According to L’Equipe, Hernández is the priority target for Marseille but PSV Eindhoven’s Dutch international Jetro Willems is another target.
City and Barcelona keeping tabs on Hernández
It will not be easy to tempt Atlético to sell and Hernández has a contract until 2021 with a release clause of 24 million euros, recently bumped up from six million. Manchester City and Barcelona made offers for Hernández last summer and could return to the table if the youngster continues to impress.
So far this season Hernández has made 15 appearances in the league for Alavés and provided three assists.
Te recomendamos en English
- EMMY AWARDS What's the difference between an Emmy and an Oscar award?
- US NEWS Body found in Wyoming fits the description of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito
- NFL Cleveland Browns safety Ronnie Harrison Jr. fined for a push
- NFL Kansas City Chiefs 35 vs Baltimore Ravens 36 summary: score, stats, and highlights | Week 2
- NFL The New Orleans Saints slump to defeat against Carolina Panthers
- NFL NY Jets QB Zach Wilson throws 4 interceptions in loss to Patriots