Sergio Ramos: Real Madrid fans unfurl banner backing captain
Los Merengues' home supporters responded to Sevilla fans' abuse of central defender Ramos by revealing a message for the 30-year-old...
The Bernabéu crowd showed its support for Sergio Ramos in Wednesday's Copa del Rey clash against Celta Vigo, dedicating a special message to the Real Madrid captain following the player's recent run-in with the fans of former club Sevilla.
Ramos abused by section of Sevilla support
Ramos, who left Sevilla for Real in 2005, was abused by radical fans in Los Blancos' Copa match away to the Andalusian outfit last Thursday evening.
That led him to gesture to the supporters after scoring a 'Panenka'-style penalty - cupping his hands behind his ears and pointing at the name on his shirt.
In the wake of the controversy caused by his celebration, he then faced further insults at the Sánchez Pizjuán when the sides met again in LaLiga on Sunday.
"Long live the mother who gave birth to you"
And with the chants directed at Ramos having included shouts of "hijo de puta" ("son of a whore"), Real fans responded in the 2-1 Copa defeat to Celta, unfurling a banner that read: "Long live the mother who gave birth to you, Sergio".
Te recomendamos en English
- US | CHILD TAX CREDIT Child Tax Credit October 2021 payment: what to do if I haven't received it?
- US NEWS | STIMULUS What is Fed tapering and how could it affect new stimulus check?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands
- LIGUE 1 Mbappé nets controversial late PSG winner against Angers
- SOCCER Transfer stories: Madrid target Lewandowski and Pogba as Barcelona eye Sterling
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Salah on verge of more Premier League history