RM Castilla facing sanctions after Amorebieta meltdown
Álvaro Tejero was sent off for spitting at an opponent while Mario Hermoso put his fist through a glass door after the home side's 89th minute equaliser.
Real Madrid Castilla’s 2-2 draw at Amorebieta could prove to be very costly for the reserve side. A controversial penalty in favour of the home side in the 89th minute levelled the score and prompted a furious response from two Castilla players whose names have been noted in the referee’s report.
Tejero facing ban for spitting
Álvaro Tejero was sent off after the final whistle for “spitting at an opponent [Dani Hernández],” according to the match official’s statement, while Mario Hermoso will also face punishment after the defender “punched a door, breaking the glass, in the tunnel after the game.”
Solari ducks post-match press conference
Amorebieta, AS understands, have also complained about another Castilla player, Aleix Febas, due to his provocative attitude after the game, while Castilla coach Santiago Solari refused to attend his post-match press conference.
Tejero ban will affect Zidane's plans
Tejero may be the worst affected by the incidents. The 20-year-old is a versatile defender who can play in the centre or at full back and he was a trusted lieutenant of Zinedine Zidane when the Frenchman was in charge at Castilla. With Marcelo and Dani Carvajal out injured Tejero might have expected to be promoted to the first team temporarily, a possibility that now seems remote with a ban looming.
Recommended in English
- NATURAL DISASTERS Why do tsunamis happen in the Pacific Ocean?
- ENVIRONMENT Earth's sixth mass extinction has begun according to scientists
- TENNIS Djokovic could be spared three year Australia entry ban
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: $200 Social Security, tax return, Child Tax Credit, Golden State payment...
- NFL NFL Playoff Bracket: Who will play who in the Divisional Round?
- TENNIS Djokovic banned from Australia for three years, federal government confirms