RM Castilla facing sanctions after Amorebieta meltdown
Álvaro Tejero was sent off for spitting at an opponent while Mario Hermoso put his fist through a glass door after the home side's 89th minute equaliser.
Real Madrid Castilla’s 2-2 draw at Amorebieta could prove to be very costly for the reserve side. A controversial penalty in favour of the home side in the 89th minute levelled the score and prompted a furious response from two Castilla players whose names have been noted in the referee’s report.
Tejero facing ban for spitting
Álvaro Tejero was sent off after the final whistle for “spitting at an opponent [Dani Hernández],” according to the match official’s statement, while Mario Hermoso will also face punishment after the defender “punched a door, breaking the glass, in the tunnel after the game.”
Solari ducks post-match press conference
Amorebieta, AS understands, have also complained about another Castilla player, Aleix Febas, due to his provocative attitude after the game, while Castilla coach Santiago Solari refused to attend his post-match press conference.
Tejero ban will affect Zidane's plans
Tejero may be the worst affected by the incidents. The 20-year-old is a versatile defender who can play in the centre or at full back and he was a trusted lieutenant of Zinedine Zidane when the Frenchman was in charge at Castilla. With Marcelo and Dani Carvajal out injured Tejero might have expected to be promoted to the first team temporarily, a possibility that now seems remote with a ban looming.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 How long after the booster shot are you fully vaccinated?
- COVID-19 What is the natural rate of unemployment formula?
- NFL Which QB has the most 400 yard passing games in the NFL?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano injures himself performing classic goal celebration
- LALIGA Barcelona: Gavi taken to hospital with concussion
- NBA LeBron James 'frustrated' and 'angry' with covid-19 protocols