Brutal foul from Escalante on Busquets
Sergio Busquets left the Ipurua pitch on a stretcher after he was fouled by Escalante after 8 minutes of the match between Eibar and Barcelona. Denis Suáres took his place.
After eight minutes of the Eibar - Barcelona match, Eibar number 5 Gonzalo Escalante went in roughly, clumsily and late on Barça's Sergio Busquets. The Eibar player stamped directly, with his whole weight, on Busquet's ankle, which bent nastily, and left the Barcelona player on the ground.
Referee gives no foul for challenge on Busquets
Incredibly, despite referee Sánchez Martínez apparently looking right at the incident, the whistler gave nothing for the foul, which left Busquets writhing in pain on the Eibar turf.
Busquets stretchered off
It became immediately clear that Busquets would play no further part in the match, and he was lifted onto the stretcher and wheeled from the field. Denis Suárez took his place, and scored Barcelona's opening goal, after 32 minutes, with a fine, low rasping shot into the corner from just outside the box.
Busquets could be out for a month
Initial reports suggest that Busquets has suffered sprained ankle ligaments, meaning he could be out for around a month.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes